Snelling is looking for an experienced Field Application Engineer for a busy automation company in Grand Rapids.
Direct Hire $65.000 – $70,000
The responsibilities for this position will involve development of individualized solutions for customer-specific applications, supporting the sales team as well as acting as an interface between development, customers and product specialists. Additionally, this position will conduct training and field technical questions from customers working with our products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather, coordinate, and resolve complex technical inquiries that are generated by customers by phone, email or in-person (on-site).
- Act as an interface between development staff, customers, and product specialists.
- Develop individualized system solutions for customer-specific applications.
- Act as the primary contact person for the sales team to resolve technically complex questions.
- Interacts with all internal and external sources necessary to successfully complete assignments.
- Carry out product-specific training sessions, seminars, and service calls.
- Maintain client confidence by keeping their information confidential.
- Analyze customer requirements and ensure products meet customer requirements appropriately.
- Provide technical support to customers and configure services.
- Preparing reference material for users by drafting operation instructions.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and resolve all design issues.
- Maintains records of customer information.
- Understands and maintains thorough knowledge of company products.
- Degree in electrical engineering with exposure (either formal education or experience in) industrial automation or industrial controls.
- The desire to take on responsibility while working as part of a team is also ideal as well as possessing an organized, independent, and reliable work ethic.
- Familiarity with various measuring and analysis equipment is also beneficial.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Critical thinking, Judgment and decision making, Complex Problem Solving and Systems analysis/evaluation
20-30% of the job may be spent away from the office with customers. One week of training will be conducted at the corporate office in Germany.
Apply now for immediate consideration
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49418