Snelling is looking for an experienced Customer Service – Data Management professional for a busy company in Grand Rapids.
This position is responsible for supporting the administrative functions within the company. Responsibilities include; order processing and management, creating and distributing daily reports, responding to customer inquiries and support for regional sites. The daily activities include: order entry from hard copy and digital sources, compiling and organizing information for various databases and spreadsheets to create daily reports and assuring databases are properly maintained.
- Assist with support for customer service for external and internal customers – answering phone calls, monitoring emails, entering and processing sales orders from hard copy and digital sources, creating and managing production orders
- Reviewing customer purchase orders to assure inventory availability and customer required delivery times can be meet
- Compile and organize information from various databases and spreadsheets to create daily reports.
- Monitor sale/production orders through the day to assure they are completed on schedule
- Assist Planning with purchase orders and coordinate delivery schedules as needed.
- Assist accounting with accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions
- Participate in the production meetings to address and advise on inventory or scheduling issues
- Update and maintain customer and product information in databases
- Assist shipping/receiving as needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with customers and suppliers at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with focus on continuous improvement and constant change.
- Ability to generate and format reports in Excel and Word
- Understanding of ERP/MRP systems and databases
- Understanding of the basics of accounting
- Focused on personal and professional growth.
- Ability to take initiative and drive closure to tasks and responsibilities.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in customer service/production planning or other administrative positions in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Familiarity with the basics of accounting
- Understanding of MRP, ERP and other business information management systems
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49546